This agreement was last updated on July 1st, 2006.
By subscribing to a Service, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
1. Changes to Subscriber Agreement. We may change the terms of this Agreement at any time by notifying you of the change in writing or electronically. The changes also will appear in this document, which you can access at any time by going to the Terms section of our website. You signify that you agree to be bound by such changes by using a Service after changes are made to this Agreement.
3. Fulfillment, Fees and Payments. Financial Investment News agrees to serve you a subscription for a period of 1-year, unless otherwise agreed upon as noted on an invoice from Financial Investment News. You agree to pay the subscription fees incurred in connection with your subscription. We will invoice you for your subscription and will accept payment via credit card or check. Payment is expected within 30 days. Subscription fees are refundable for the term of subscription not fulfilled, based on written or electronic notice provided to Financial Investment News with at least 30 days notice.
4. Renewal. Your subscription will not renew automatically. We must receive confirmation to continue annual service after current term expires.
5. Limitations on Use.
a. Only one individual may access a Service at the same time unless we agree otherwise.
b. The text, graphics, images, video, design, organization, compilation, look and feel, advertising and all other protect able intellectual property (the “Content”) available through the Services is our property or the property of our advertisers and licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Unless you have our written consent, you may not sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the Content received through the Services to anyone outside of your firm with the following exception:
(i) You may occasionally distribute a copy of an article, or a portion of an article, from a Service to a few individuals without charge, provided you include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices in the same form in which the notices appear in the Service, original source attribution, and the phrase “Used with permission from Financial Investment News” or “Used with permission from GRLM, LLC.” Please consult our reprints department (646-810-1072) if you need to distribute an article from a Service to a larger number of individuals, on a regular basis or in any other manner not expressly permitted by this Agreement.
c. You agree not to rearrange or modify the Content. You agree not to create abstracts from, scrape or display headlines from our content for use on another web site or service. You agree not to post any content from the Services to web logs, newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without our written consent.
To request consent for this and other matters, please contact Matthew McCue at 646-810-1075.
d. You agree not to use the Services for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to a Service if, in our opinion, your use of the Service may violate any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person’s rights or violate the terms of this Agreement. Also, we may refuse to grant you a user name that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive.
7. Third Party Web Sites, Services and Software. We may link to, or promote web sites or services from other companies. You agree that we are not responsible for, and do not control, those web sites and services.
8. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. You agree that your access to, and use of this service and the content available through the Services is on an “as-is’ basis and we specifically disclaim any representations or warranties, express, or implied, without limitation of the fitness for a particular purpose. We do not give tax or investment advice or advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment. You should always seek the assistance of a professional for tax and investment advice. GRLM, LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and licensors (“The GRLM, LLC parties) will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you or any other person as a result of your access or use of the service for indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, or exemplary damages, including without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues (collectively, the “excluded damages”). If any section of this agreement is found to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of the agreement other than those held to be invalid, will not be affected.
9. General. This Agreement contains the final and entire agreement between us regarding your use of the Services and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous oral or written agreements regarding your use of the Services. We may discontinue or change the Services or their availability to you, at any time. This Agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone. No third party is a beneficiary of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement, as well as any and all claims arising from this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America applicable to contracts made entirely within New York and wholly performed in New York, without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising out of this Agreement will be an appropriate federal or state court located in New York.